ABOUT THE DR. E. V. HILL BIBLE COLLEGE AT NEW BIRTH
The Dr. E.V. Hill Bible College at New Birth was birthed from a vision that God gave Bishop Victor T. Curry to offer quality Christian education to believers striving to become “workmen rightly dividing the word of truth.” The college was named after the late Dr. E.V. Hill, founder of the Mount Zion Church in Los Angeles, California. Dr. Hill was elected as the youngest president of the California State Baptist Convention and served as an Associate Professor of Evangelism for The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. He was recognized by Time magazine as one of the most outstanding preachers in America. Dr. Hill mentored many prominent pastors in the nation. Bishop Curry affectionately referred to him as his “West Coast Dad.”
The Dr. E.V. Hill Bible College at New Birth offers various degrees. The college is designed for the serious student of the Bible – Sunday School Teachers, Ministers-In-Training, Ministers, Deacons, Deaconess, Trustees, Prayer Warriors, Ministry Directors, Laymen and those who thirst after the word at large.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the Dr. E.V. Hill Bible College at New Birth is to prepare women and men of God for leadership and ministry in today’s world. The college equips students with the tools and knowledge to meet the needs of their congregation and communities. Our mission is echoed in the words of scripture, “Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.”
For admission to the Dr. E. V. Hill Bible College at New Birth, a student must adhere to the following qualifications and procedures.
1) Profess and demonstrate a definite Christian conversion.
2) Demonstrate maturity, desire and willingness to commit to serious academic study of God’s word.
3) Complete and submit an application form.
4) Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
5) Submit 3 recommendation forms
6) Submit a writing sample. (Why I chose Dr. E. V. Hill Bible College at New Birth). A
minimum of 500 words.
Undergraduate Tuition and Fees
Registration Fee- $20
Tuition- $60 per Credit Hour
Audit- $100 per Class
Graduate Tuition and Fees
Registration Fee- $20
Tuition- $200 per Credit Hour
Audit- $150 per Class
The Dr. E.V. Hill Bible College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission Inc, P.O. Box 1030, Beebe, Arkansas 72012, USA, (501) 882-3361, to award the Associates, Bachelor, and Masters Degrees.
• Theology & Ministry: This degree is a foundational course of study designed for the serious bible student and those interested in working in the area of religion. This discipline will prepare students for a more advanced study and personal fulfillment in their quest for understanding biblical knowledge and the nature of God.
• Christian Education: This degree is designed for those whose calling is to equip and impart biblical knowledge. It will prepare students by teaching them the foundations and principals of Christian Education to understand the methods by which the Christian faith may be infused in the total life of Christian believers.
• Bachelor’s of Biblical & Theological Studies: This degree includes elements from all three associates’ degrees. This degree is a foundational course of study designed for the serious bible student and those interested in working in the area of religion. It will also provide a solid foundation for graduate studies in the area of Bible, Theology, and Ministry.
• The Master of Ministry degree is a comprehensive program of study designed to prepare students for parish ministry, para-church ministry, for graduate study in theology or related disciplines, for various types of chaplaincy, for mission work at home and abroad, and for other forms of church vocation. This degree is for persons seeking ordination, as well as, non-ordination lay-leadership positions.
Credit/Degree Seeking – This is the student who has selected an area of study and is systematically pursuing a degree. These individuals must commit to attending all of the sessions and course assignments.
Credit/Non-Degree Seeking – This is the student who desires to take courses for credit, but has not declared a major. These individuals must commit to attending all of the sessions and course assignments.
Audit Status – Under this status the student will be enrolled in a course but for non credit. Individuals are not required to attend all classes or complete all course assignments. Courses taken as audit cannot be changed to credit status. These are individuals who would like to take courses free of the academic and attendance pressures to enhance biblical knowledge
For more information please visit our College Webpage or call 305-685-3700 ext 302!